Home / News & events / Your common questions answered

Your common questions answered

Posted: July 21, 2021

Our customer service team is here to help no matter what question or query you may have. We got in touch with the team to find out your most frequent queries, and their answers.


1. How can I apply for a Hillcrest home

How you apply for a Hillcrest Homes property depends on which area you are looking for housing in:

– Aberdeen: apply via Aberdeen City Council or www.thesehomes.com  

– Angus: apply via Angus Homefinder

– Dundee: apply via the Dundee City Council Common Housing Register

– Perth: apply via the Perth and Kinross Common Housing Register

– Fife: apply via the Fife Council Housing Register

– Edinburgh: apply via a bidding system through the City of Edinburgh Council


2. How do I access my rent statement?

You can view your rent statement via the MyHillcrest app, or request a copy be emailed to you by contacting us at customerservice@hillcrest.org.uk. When emailing us, please provide your full name, address, postcode and date of birth to enable us to deal with your query.


3. I need another fob or key, how do I get one?

To order a fob or a security key, please contact us on 0300 123 2640. Payment of £10 for each will need to be made. You can pay over the phone and the payment line is open between 8 am-10 pm.


4. I am a Hillcrest Homes tenant – can I move to another Hillcrest home?

We don’t have our own internal application system, so you’ll need to follow the usual process to apply for a Hillcrest Homes property depending on the local authority area you want to live in (see question 1).

You can also potentially exchange homes with another housing association or council tenant. www.houseexchange.org.uk is a website designed to bring people together who are looking to swap their home and with the exception of Perth and Kinross and Fife, is free for all Hillcrest Homes tenants to join. At present, these two local authorities are not part of the scheme, but you can still join for a small fee and we’ll reimburse you.


5. How can I get in touch?

You can download our free MyHillcrest app. To register you will need your tenancy reference number and we will need to have your email address on our system.

You can email us at customerservice@hillcrest.org.uk. Please include your full name, address, postcode, and date of birth to enable us to deal with your query.

You can also call 0300 123 2640 and select option 2. Our phone service is available between  8 am – 5:15 pm Monday – Thursday, and 8 am – 4 pm on a Friday.