Home / Hillcrest Enterprises / Your tenancy: FAQs

Your tenancy: FAQs

Here are the answers to some of the most common questions we receive.

Whilst we have insurance covering all of our properties, we do not insure your contents or personal possessions. This includes events such as fire, flood and theft.

We recommend that you purchase contents insurance to cover personal belongings and furnishings.

Direct Debits are the easiest and most convenient way of paying your rent each month. However, there are many ways to pay your rent – click here to see which ways may work best for you.

Hillcrest provides a comprehensive repairs service and can fix a wide range of issues in your home. This includes plumbing, electrical servicing and repairs, repairs to heating systems, gas boiler servicing and replacement, and much more.

There are some things that are your responsibility though, and Hillcrest will not deal with.  In some cases damage caused by tenants, household members or visitors may be repaired with costs recharged to the tenant.

Yes. If you plan to carry out any work to the house above and beyond basic modifications such as redecorating, you should submit an Alterations Application. You can get in touch with us on 0300 123 2640.

A Property Officer may attend to find out more about your planned work, and you will be advised of whether you may go ahead with the work. In some cases, a Property Officer  may check the work to ensure it is being carried out properly.