Joining a credit union could make Christmas 2023 much easier!
Posted: February 14, 2023
Why use a credit union?
There are many great reasons to join one:
- Credit unions help you save regularly, borrow responsibly and keep on top of your finances.
- They also make it easy to save – even a small amount saved each week will soon mount up.
- Many offer specific Christmas saving schemes, giving you a big head start for the 2023 festivities.
- Many employers have partnerships with credit unions, allowing staff to save or repay loans direct from their payroll.
- Being cooperatives rather than businesses, credit unions share their profits with their members.
- They are often able to provide credit to people whose circumstances mean they struggle to get a loan from banks and other lenders.
- Credit unions offer very competitive rates on loans of all sizes. For smaller sums, interest on a credit union loan is always much lower than rates charged by doorstep and payday lenders.
- All money saved in a credit union is protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to the value of £85,000 per person – exactly the same level of protection as savings in a bank or building society.
To find your local credit union, go to www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk