Home / Contact Us / Complaints / Make a complaint

Make a complaint

You can complain in person at any of our offices, by phone, in writing, by email or by completing the form contained within our Complaints Leaflet or below.

If you find it difficult to make a complaint on your own, we will accept complaints brought by third parties on your behalf as long as you have given your personal consent.  These complaints are treated in the same way as any other, regardless of who has brought the complaint.

Head office address: Hillcrest, 1 Explorer Road, Dundee DD2 1EG

Telephone: 0300 123 2640

Email: customerservice@hillcrest.org.uk

When complaining, please tell us:

  • your full name and address;
  • as much as you can about the complaint;
  • what has gone wrong; and
  • how you want us to resolve the matter.

It is easier for us to resolve complaints if you make them quickly and directly to the service concerned.

Please talk to a member of staff at the service you are complaining about so they can try to resolve any problems on the spot.

You must make your complaint within six months of:

  • the event you want to complain about; or
  • finding out that you have a reason to complain, but no longer than 12 months after the event itself.

In exceptional circumstances, we may be able to accept a complaint after the time limit. If you feel the time limit should not apply to your complaint, please tell us why.

The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) has a duty to consider issues raised with them about ‘significant performance failures’.  A significant performance failure is defined by the SHR as something that a landlord does or fails to do that puts the interests of its tenants at risk, and which the landlord has not resolved. This is something that is a systemic problem that does, or could, affect all of a landlord’s tenants. A significant performance failure happens when:

  • a landlord is not delivering the outcomes and standards in the Scottish Social Housing Charter over a period of time; or
  • a landlord is not achieving the regulatory standards on governance or financial management.

Significant performance failures are not dealt with through this procedure.  Information about SHR can be found on their website.

Make a complaint