hha banner

Are you insured?

Many residents believe that we automatically insure their furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage – this isn’t the case.

Although we’ll carry out repairs for any accidental damage to the structure of your home, it’s your responsibility to provide insurance cover for your personal property.  Home contents insurance can protect you from the huge expense of replacing your belongings in case anything goes wrong. There is an information leaflet in the Related Media section on this page which outlines various options for you to consider.

An example would be Thistle Tenant Risks who provide home contents insurance designed specifically for tenants.

Benefits to insurance from Thistle Tenant Risks are:

  • Flexible regular premium payments, fortnightly or monthly by cash at any Post Office or Payzone outlet, monthly by direct debit, annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card
  • No Excess – you don’t have to pay the first part of the claim
  • Cover is provided on a new for old basis with no deduction for wear and tear – except in respect of linen and clothing
  • Cover includes theft, fire, storm, water damage, flood and accidental damage to items such as hobs, sanitary ware such as toilets and wash basins as well as fixed glass in furniture, doors and windows.

Visit the Thistle Tenant Risks website to find out more.

This example is for information purposes only; we do not endorse individual Insurance companies